Thursday, February 16, 2012

happy heart day

{This post's for you, Kendra! ;)}

It's no secret that Valentine's Day is a big deal at our house. It's such a fun holiday centered around love and hearts of pinks and reds and candy and chocolate strawberries...what's not to love??

(I am so sad I have no pictures of sweet Lukey. He was either napping, in bed, or at my aunt's house during picture time. But he got plenty of love and kisses and TREATS too that day. :))
The kids woke up and opened their Valentines from Mommy and Daddy and their sweet grandparents. They also had a few treats in their bags with a new book. Evan has been toting around his Spiderman book ever since, reading it to himself. Very cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids made homemade Valentines this year and were very proud of their hard work.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Evan had a party at preschool that morning and came out so happy with ALL of his treats from his cute friends.

Photobucket

I got to be in charge of Madelyn's party at school this year. We had four stations that the kids rotated to throughout the hour...Valentine Bingo, Minute to win it games chopstick pickup and tower of love, Decorating cookies, and Creating a Valentines Bag. I had a ton of great help from other moms and it was a blast!

Evan was a great help with me in the valentine bag station.
He spent a long time making his bag just right.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Maddy took him around with her to the remaining stations. I know it made Evan feel so special to be with his big sister, and Maddy just loved having him with her.

Photobucket

We made our traditional dinner for Daddy and I think it was actually a surprise again this year. I had told Jonathan I just "wasn't feeling it" this year and wanted to do something different, so when we all yelled SURPRISE when he arrived home, he was happy to see all we had done for him. We love our Daddy very much.

Photobucket

And I always love the beautiful bouquet he brings home.
I can't wait to see the stargazing flowers bloom soon.

Photobucket

We ended the night with chocolate mousse and chocolate strawberries. Yummy.

It is always a bit of work getting everything together and organized for V-day, but I always feel so much more love for my dear family after showing them how much they mean to me.

Happy Heart Day!!!!


3 comments:

Angela Kahle said...

I am so impressed. You really did a lot in one day. Your kids sure looked like they enjoyed it.

janell said...

I didn't realize you were in charge of the whole class party! Holy Cow!! I'm very impressed by all you do!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm just now seeing a post for me:) Love it!