Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Misha!

Photobucket
(Maddy and Misha with her four-layer chocolate cake via Pioneer Woman)

I was eight years old when my littlest sister came into this world and were we ever excited! I remember vividly as my mom came home from the hospital the night before and had to tell us it just wasn't time yet. My other sister, Kayla and I were so sad. But then we awoke that morning to the very loud and obnoxious singing of my Grandpa J. "Oh What a Beautiful Morning!" And a beautiful morning it was! My mom was at the hospital about to give birth at any moment! Soon we learned that we had another baby...a sister! My grandma J. took us to school and had us wear these cute pink pins that said "I am a BIG sister" and "I have a new little sister!" on them.
I'll never forget that day.

And through the years I've come to love this sister of mine fiercely. I was her protector, her mentor, her cheerleader, and no one could take that away from me. Yes she was sometimes annoying, and yes we are very different, but she is mine and I am hers. And I am so thankful for that day 22 years ago when she came into our family! I love you sister friend!!!

2 comments:

janell said...

Well, this makes a mama cry! And so does that cake--tears of joy! It looks HEAVENLY!!!

Misha said...

Whew. Made me cry too. Love you sistafriend :)