Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A {lucky} weekend

On Friday night Daddy came home and took us all out to Red Robin for dinner and Marble Slab for dessert. What a treat. The boys needed haircuts desperately, so while they were busy playing and waiting for their turns, Jonathan and I finished our yummy ice cream while watching the kids play.

I've decided it's mostly the simple things that make life grand...a yummy treat and time together as a family.
It was a much-needed Friday night.

Photobucket

The kids awoke the next morning to Lucky the Leprechaun's naughty messes. They even found green in the toilets...Lucky does not know how to flush! He had turned over chairs and left gold everywhere. But he also left a few treats: four-leaf clover "kisses" on their cheeks and Lucky Charms and green milk!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Cheers!

Photobucket

After breakfast the kids did some coloring and we got ready to go and see "The Lorax" with Aunt Misha and Uncle Aaron. We loved it and we say Let it Grow! :)

Misha, Aaron and I then went out and did some shopping, while Jonathan was so sweet to watch the kids while I had a little break. I came home and he had seriously cleaned the entire house...even washed all of our bedding. I am one LUCKY lady and that was the one of the best gifts I've ever received (besides our beautiful children of course). But seriously, I love a clean house and I love that he knows that and is so thoughtful in helping out.

Photobucket

Later that evening, the Leprechaun strikes again with green pasta sauce, green beans, and of course, more green milk. I love how Maddy kept exclaiming the whole day, "This is the BEST St. Patrick's Day EVER!" I'm glad you enjoyed it Maddy.

The next day we were able to go to Dean's baby blessing at Alena and Mike's ward. I wish I had some pictures but didn't bring our camera. It was a such a special day and so sweet to spend it with their little family. Alena and Mike had a luncheon at their house following the blessing and it was so nice to get to see family we don't see very often. Alena had made a delicious spread of food and we all went home very happy and ready for Sunday naps.

Jonathan had a couple meetings and then we enjoyed watching a few family movies before bed.
A very simple, but very lovely weekend together! That's how I like 'em.

4 comments:

janell said...

Sounds perfectly divine!

janell said...

BTW--why has google made it so hard to decipher their code? I think I am a robot!

Starry said...

I love Luke's new haircut! That picture of him in his chair is a charmer. What an incredible St. Patrick's Day! I never know as much what to do for that day--so you've given me some great ideas.

Thanks so much for coming Sunday, it meant a lot to have you there and to have Jonathan in the circle for the blessing.

Chanda Starr said...

What a fun weekend! I think if Adam washed my bedding I would fall over dead. Not sure he even knows how to use the washing machine!