A few things about Luke at 17 1/2 months:
Luke loves to explore...on top of tables, inside drawers, and especially outdoors. He's very maticulous about it. He usually just takes one or two things and looks at it for a long time or holds it in his hand until he figures out what it does.
He is such a friendly guy! He loves having people over that are his size. He will get right up to them, smile his biggest smile, and bellow out "HI!" It is adorable. He enjoys playing and even sharing with other kids. He loves to be in the crowd and know what's going on.
When he is tired he loves to snuggle and suck his first two fingers.
He loves being around his brother and sister and lights up when they come into a room.
His favorite foods are blueberries, bean and cheese quesadillas, green beans, and of course, fries.
Last week he started walking! He hasn't had much interest up until now when, I think, he's noticing how other kids walk and seem to get around much better. At least he is always doing it after we have people over or after he's been around lots of kids his size.
Luke is such a blessing to us. I love his beautiful smile and the light in his eyes. Sometimes I seriously just stare at his face, admiring everything about it from his long lashes to the beautiful curl of his lips. His laugh is contagious and I love that it so easily occurs.
One of my favorite times of day is when I go to get Luke from his crib. I open the door and immediately he is smiling from ear to ear and stretches out his arms to me like he hasn't seen me in years. What love this boy shows to all around him. He will literally hug everyone he meets and give them one of his open-mouthed kisses if you let him.
Last night I got the rare chance to have the whole evening to myself with Luke. Just me and Luke. What a special memory. He LOVED playing catch with me. He would hand me the ball and we'd throw it back and forth and if it went somewhere else he was so determined to go and get it and start throwing again. I loved how excited and happy he was to find this "new thing" to do. And every time he left me to go explore or play he would look back and smile, then crawl back to me and give me a kiss. And when he was done playing he came over to me and snuggled with his two fingers in his mouth. He made sure I kept running my fingers through his hair. I thought to myself "this is joy". YOU are JOY to us, Lukey. Love you so much.





2 comments:
Congratulations Luke on walking! Way to do it when you wanted to do it and enjoying crawling to it's fullest. :)
This entry really made me smile. It is really precious, the one on one moments with your children, once you have more than one. It is so rare to get time to really focus on just one of them. Luke really does light up the room and he is wonderfully friendly. I feel like his best friend every time we come to visit, and I think he's like that with most people.
What a heartwarming post to read.
What a cutie! Luke has changed so much since I have seen him. Can't wait to see all of you in just a few weeks!
Post a Comment