Oh pregnancy! It is a love-hate relationship with me. I LOVED finding out we were pregnant on that Tuesday evening. What a thrill. I LOVED Jonathan and I secretly knowing for the first 14 weeks that we were going to have a BABY! I LOVED telling the children a little sibling was going to join them in our family. I LOVED Maddy's cute plate stating that finding out that day was the BEST DAY EVER for her. I LOVED telling grandparents and then family and friends. I LOVED hearing his little heartbeat and watching my belly grow! I LOVED feeling those first movements and knowing he is active and hopefully happy. :) I LOVED seeing his little profile for the first time and telling the kids with blue balloons coming out of a box that they are going to have another brother!!!
But when that first morning sickness hit, it was hard. I always get very sick with my pregnancies and this time it was no different. What is different is that now I had 3 other babies to take care of. I was sick all day long. I couldn't do the things I love to do for my family like the cooking, the cleaning, the getting things here and there, playing and more. I never had an appetite, except for, strangely enough, quesadillas that my sweet Jonathan would serve me in bed.
But when that fogginess of sickness and no energy lifted around 20 weeks it was GLORIOUS!!!!! I had such a greater appreciation for life, for my role as a wife and mother, and for all of the things I can do again. I could plan out the meals without getting sick and make them for my family. I could run and play with the kids outside, or even just go outside, retrieve things going up and down the stairs over and over, do errands, clean my whole house, organize, work on projects, and smile and enjoy this beautiful life. It also made me so grateful for such a wonderful husband who took care of me and so many other responsibilities. I am so thankful for him. And so thankful for this sweet little baby on the way!!! He is worth it all.
**************************************************************
Another thing that comes with having more children is more opinions on the NAMES for the baby. Since having Evan, Jonathan and I have loved the name CHARLOTTE and knew that if we ever had another girl we would name her that and occasionally call her Charly. I thought it would be cute to name this little boy Charlie instead, but Evan would have none of it. "Charlie is a girl's name, Mommy! No way, his name should NOT be Charlie!" Instead, he likes the names Gene, Jay, Mom, or Gay. I can safely say we will probably not be using any of Evan's names, but we are getting closer to picking one and it is always so fun. Although it looks like whatever we choose, the kids will have an opinion about it!










3 comments:
What a beautiful post. Your kids are so blessed to have you as a mom.
The kids will have an opinion and Misha will break into song... :)
LOL. I love the names that Evan picked out - too cute!!
Post a Comment