We had our family's back-to-school night last night to send off the kids to another year of school!
It's hard to believe we have a full-fledged preschooler and second grader!
It's hard to believe we have a full-fledged preschooler and second grader!
We enjoyed dinner, a fashion show, and talking about our new family theme for 2012-2013:
When We're Helping, We're Happy!
We read stories from our dear prophet, President Monson about helping and serving those around us, especially one another. We set goals and opened our time capsule from the previous year too. Then Daddy gave Maddy and Evan their Father's Blessings. It is always so special to feel of our Heavenly Father's great love for them and to listen to all of the blessings he has in store for these dear children. They are such special people, truly better and stronger than me, but I feel so honored to be their mother and help them along their way.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Madelyn was so excited about her first day! I was so glad she wasn't scared. She enjoyed picking out her first-day outfit and taking pictures. She helped me pack her lunch-peanut butter and (homemade!) blackberry jam sandwich, yogurt, strawberries, capri sun and of course, a cookie!
We watched her line up with her new class and teacher, Mrs. Lund. Luckily she has a lot of the same classmates and friends in her class and was so excited to see them again. We then waved, blew kisses, and watched her walk away into the school. A little nervous and happy smile on her face.
I will miss my sweet helper and girly so much!
I hope she has a wonderful first day, and a great year!!!









4 comments:
Oh, my Holy Heck! You are AMAZING! I consider myself productive if I make that mac n cheese. You not only did that, but it was the SIDE dish on top of school shopping, jam making and that incredible evening. How do you find the time?? Your kids are the luckiest kids ever!
PS I HATE Google's verification system! I must be a robot!
Mmm, that mac n cheese is my all-time fav! And yes, it is a very involved recipe on top of everything else you made! Love the family theme. Hope the kids have a great start to a great school year!
And to add to the list of amazing mom moments, you did all that while you are 9 months pregnant! Your family is truly blessed. Hope everyone has an amazing school year!
I am in awe. What treasured memories you are making for your family.
Post a Comment