Keeping up as the mother of four has been busy, exhausting, beautiful, exhilarating, hard, and rewarding. I have good days and I have bad days. I have days where the weight of taking care of 4 little souls completely overwhelms me. On those days sleep is elusive, my eyes are always wet and red, and at the end of the blurry day I realize all I have managed to do is feed, change, and keep my children safe and alive. And then I have days where things fall into place and I can see a more eternal perspective and the great joy that is ahead in watching each of them grow together.
But just when I think I might drown, a friend calls, brings a meal or takes my kids, or my grandmother sends a loving e-mail, or my husband holds the baby or lets me get out of the house on my own. These acts of kindness or tender mercies have certainly not gone unnoticed. I have felt the help of my Heavenly Father in caring for my little ones and of His great love and support. And I have most certainly felt it in the angels that are near and far, those that have passed on and those that are with us still. I have felt of their investment in my family and that it is just as strong as my own.
It brings me such comfort and such peace.
A few of those angels have been my mother-in-law and my mom and dad. I'm not sure what I would have done those first few weeks without them! They cooked, cleaned, cuddled, took the kids to school, painted the nursery, did the laundry, and made sure we all got more sleep.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for lifting our burdens and
helping us focus on things that matter most.
xoxoxoxo!



1 comment:
We loved every minute. Exhausting and exhilarating! :)
Post a Comment