I must admit I was worried going into Luke's birthday knowing I wouldn't be able to do as much as I would like to on his actual day. I just wanted him to feel so loved and so special.
Luke is so easy to please, so happy just to take everything in around him, and absolutely loves having people around him. He gets upset when even one of our family members has to leave during the day. So he was very happy just having us all together on his special day and was so excited whenever we told him "Happy Birthday!" His eyes just lit up and he would smile so big. It made my heart so happy to know that he knew it was his special day and he knew we love him so much.

We started off the day opening a few gifts with his very helpful brother...
Quack, Quacks, a football and clothes
Later we went to Luke's favorite place, the music McDonald's, for dinner.
He had a blast playing with Maddy and Evan and going down the slide over and over.
After dinner we had his party at the park near our home.
Luke loves Mickey Mouse and his friends so I tried to include them in our celebration.
The incredible cake that Grandma Starr made.
(Kept safe in Aunt Alena's freezer. Thanks Alena!:))
Luke was so excited to see his pal with "pop pops" no less!
Luke has lots of great friends and family.
We loved spending the evening with these wonderful people!
Sweet Henry - in the owl hat that almost doesn't fit!
Our ice cream scooper...
Evan had a great time playing with his buddies
I loved watching Luke open his gifts. It reminded me so much of Madelyn's 2nd birthday. She would oooh and ahh over her gifts and yell out excitedly what they were or hug them tight and say thank you.
Luke was the same way. He oohed and ahhed and would exclaim "wow, clothes!" or his favorite "OH! Cars! Cars! Look Cars!!" He would then grunt out a big thank you. It was very sweet.
Thanks to Aaron and Maddy for manning the camcorder, and Mish for taking pics! :)
I am so glad you had a good day, Lukey Pookey!!! We love you so very much!

























No comments:
Post a Comment