I love my children's blessing days. They have been some of the most memorable and special days for me as a mother. Perhaps because it is a day where I consciously take the time to think about the blessing each of them are in my life, what a gift they are from my Heavenly Father, and how truly unique, pure, and special each of them are as children of God.
I am so thankful to be a mother and to understand a little more the perspective of our Heavenly Father. I think a lot about the scripture in Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." That is our Heavenly Father's greatest goal and purpose...to give the gift of eternal life to each of His children. And with these children of mine I can understand a little bit of that great purpose. I am invested in them. I want that for them too and want to be an instrument in His Hands in making this happen. As their mother, I get to see a bit of what the Lord sees in each of them and just as He does, I want them to reach their full potential in this life and the life after. It makes me even more thankful for the gospel and the knowledge of the plan of salvation so that I can be guided in teaching my children the truth and helping them gain a testimony of their Savior, Jesus Christ.
And so these were some of my thoughts on the morning of Henry's Blessing. I always treasure the time I have to get them dressed before church. Jonathan took the kids to church while Henry and I had some alone time. I dressed him, talked with him, and took a few pictures. It was a beautiful way to start the day.
Sweet Henry in his blessing suit -
Bow tie, vest, and booties
This was the first time I was so physically close to the circle when Henry was blessed. It was so neat to watch all of these men of God, whom I love, put arms around each other and come together united in purpose to bless this little boy. I felt the love from them and from our Heavenly Father for this baby so strongly, and I know there were many on the other side of the veil united in purpose and love with them as well.
Jonathan gave Henry a beautiful blessing. I am so grateful for the man he is, and that he honors his priesthood and blesses our family in this way.
Later we celebrated with everyone at home
And in honor of Henry, with Oh Henry! candy bars. And they are good!
We had a crepe bar with lots of toppings. I was so glad it was a hit with the kids too.
We also had yummy orange rolls...

We were thrilled that Jonathan's dad and brother could be there for the blessing. Henry's middle name is after Jonathan's dad, and it happens to be his brother Amman's middle name as well.
I love how Henry's hair always goes straight to one side, no matter how hard we try to comb it another way. It reminds me of my Great-Grandpa Jackson's hair...Henry's namesake. It's amazing how I notice these little traits from so many different family members.

Later that day Uncle Amman took family pictures for us.
They all looked something like this:


We did happen to get one miraculous shot where we all were looking at the camera!
(It wasn't either of these :) )


I loved just sitting back and watching this beautiful family of mine. How did I get so blessed?
Love them so much!




We certainly have our up's and down's, but they sure are my greatest joy!












No comments:
Post a Comment