
I couldn't thank my parents without thanking this man right here for all he has done for me this past month. It was rough, but this man stepped in wholeheartedly and played the best Mr. Mom around while I was out of commission after surgery.
I had been prolonging seeing a doctor for awhile, thinking things would get better, but they never did. Luckily nothing too serious, but let's just say birthing 4 babies has not been easy on my body. Eventually, I knew I would need to have an in-office procedure or surgery but didn't want to do it while I was still nursing Henry and, let's face it, it is just hard to find the time right now. Unfortunately, things became worse, and I didn't really have a choice. It was live in pain with pain killers and maybe things will get better in a months' time or bite the bullet and have surgery to cure it all.
Having had a few (10) surgeries under my belt--that part was luckily a piece of cake, but the recovery, oh the recovery! that part I was not geared up for or ready to endure. It was a very painful process and the pain was always unpredictable and all over the place. I felt sad and unsure if things would ever get better. I felt a ton of guilt about not being able to play with my children like I wanted, to get them things, to tuck them in at night or greet them in the morning. I missed them and I missed our old routine. The good part? It was actually a great time for reflection and a time for gratitude. And that is where this amazing guy comes in.
Jonathan was able to take off about a week of work and he literally did it all during that time. He fulfilled every demand, kissed every boo-boo, read stories, quieted cries, read books, fed hungry bellies, cleaned, put away, cooked, and kept the house running. He also had to take care of all of my needs too! He helped me sort through all of my fluctuating emotions too. He gave me a wonderful blessing that reminded me to use this trial to grow closer to my Savior, to use His help. I felt so much power from that blessing and so much gratitude.
I am so grateful that Jonathan can give me a blessing at any time to help me through difficult times. I never once worried about him being able to take over. His willingness to help and his deep love and care are always apparent for me and for our family. I am grateful for his positive, can-do attitude and for his sincere concern and great knowledge. It really came in handy with all the medications I was taking.
I am just so grateful that this man is my partner in life and is the one by my side through all of the unexpected twists and turns. He doesn't shirk away or do things just because he has to. He does everything he does because he truly cares and wants to make a difference for good. He is such a good example to me. My heart bursts with love when I think of all he does for us.
THANK YOU HONEY!!!! I LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment