A few months ago I noticed that one of Evan's front teeth was a little gray. I told Jonathan to mention it to the dentist when they went for Evan's check-up. I was ready for the dentist to say it needs to be removed and tried to prepare myself emotionally for my little boy's front tooth to be gone. But, he said it was fine.
Then a few weeks later, poor Evan accidentally bumped his mouth (and tooth!) on the cement while getting out of the swimming pool. This time, the tooth really appeared to be graying and we asked the dentist again what he thought. This time he said there was a bacteria on the tooth and there was a chance it could spread to his permanent tooth and that it was best if the tooth was removed.
This time I did not emotionally prepare myself for that and was so sad that the tooth had to come out. So, on August 1st Evan got his first tooth pulled! He was awesome!! They gave him strawberry scented laughing gas while he watched Puss in Boots. We love our dentist-he is very gentle and cautious, but knows what he's doing. The kids like him too and respect him because he is very respectful to them.
Evan was SO excited for his tooth fairy to come that night. He helped me pick out fabric for his new tooth fairy pillow and we placed his tooth inside. The next day he found a shiny dollar coin, a magnifying glass, and a new tiny note from his tooth fairy, Cedric. Cedric is Madelyn's tooth fairy, Cecilia's brother. We are excited for him to come again, but I think Mom is okay if we wait a couple more years.
Gotta love his new, toothless smile!


No comments:
Post a Comment