Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

 photo IMG_7166.jpg

I absolutely LOVE Thanksgiving time, and as I'm getting older, I'm liking it more and more because of how centered it is around Family, and of course, Gratitude.
I love gathering with family, I love cooking and preparing a meal with my family and for my family with family recipes, I love the conversation with family and counting our blessings, and of course, I love creating memories and hosting and decorating a party for my family.

 photo IMG_7158.jpg photo IMG_7161.jpg photo IMG_7160.jpg

This year was special because my family drove from Kansas to be with us. It is not every year that we get to have them with us and that I get to cook with my mom and sister. So I cherished every moment!

 photo IMG_7176.jpg photo IMG_7170.jpg photo IMG_7177.jpg

On the menu:
Sausage-Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
(So good! I learned the how-to from the cooking group I belong to,
 served at our annual Halloween soiree. )
Mom's Sparkling Fruit Cups
Turkey with Proscuitto Butter
Cranberry Sauce
Kayla's Mashed Potatoes and Mom's Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Yams
Creamed Corn
Grandma J's Stuffing
Grandma Starr's Pink Jello
Alena's Rolls
Grandma Flower's Banana Cream Pie
Grandma Flower's Coconut Cream Pie
Kaity's Apple Pie
Chocolate-Hazelnut Pie
Pecan Pie
Sparkling Cider

 photo IMG_7175.jpg photo IMG_7181.jpg photo IMG_7179.jpg photo IMG_7184.jpg photo IMG_7185.jpg photo IMG_7188.jpg

The kids loved drawing pictures and writing things they were grateful for on leaves for
our Thankful Tree.

 photo IMG_7202.jpg photo IMG_7194.jpg photo IMG_7197.jpg photo IMG_7201.jpg photo IMG_7219.jpg photo IMG_7222.jpg photo IMG_7216.jpg photo IMG_7217.jpg photo IMG_7226.jpg

What a beautiful day together! We truly have so much to be thankful for!!

1 comment:

janell said...

So glad you captured this blessed day! Once again, the world needs to see your awesomeness!!! :)