Father's Day was a little different this year since Jonathan had to work part of the day. We let Daddy sleep in until about 10 and then we fed him Mexican Chorizo Omelettes, Hazelnut Cinnamon Rolls, and Peach Pie Smoothies. I think he enjoyed it and hope, after some drama about who would show their card to Daddy first, that he felt very loved.
Madelyn and Evan played Ticket to Ride with Daddy after brunch and appropriately, he won. Then it was off to church. The boys were more crazy than usual and it was hard to get much out of sacrament meeting.
At one point I took a screaming Luke out into the hall to reset. After a few minutes of screaming, Jonathan came out and took him from me to go outside and talk to him. In that moment and many other moments before, I am so grateful that we are in this together-that I don't have to go through the challenging times with our children alone, that we are both invested in them, that we both love them and want what's best for them, and that we are both eternally bound and sealed to them. Jonathan is always saying how we are a team in this, that we're in this together. I couldn't be happier to be doing this with him, the man that I love to the moon and back.
After Jonathan took Luke outside, a couple of men came up to me and said very sincerely "This too shall pass," and shared their stories with young kids. It always helps to hear that our frustrations and hard times are shared by others...and that they survived!:)
I know that a new season will eventually occur in our lives, but I know this time we have as a young father and mother will fortify us and strengthen us for the years ahead. It is hard, but oh the rewards are great. I'm so grateful my kids have such an awesome Daddy-one that gets up each new day and tries his best again and again to provide, protect, and love his family. I love him so much for it!! Happy Father's Day Jonathan!

No comments:
Post a Comment