
When we arrived home from Washington, it was time to get in back to school mode and prepare for another school year! It was our FIFTH Back to School Night. This year's theme for our family is:
There is Work to be Done and People to Serve.
I have been thinking a lot about this concept the past few months. After finding an article about this very thing in the Friend by President Uchtdorf, I knew this needed to be the theme for our family this year. I want my children to know how to work, how to help and serve, and to do it because they want to help their families, friends, and all children of our Heavenly Father because they love and honor Him. I want them to learn that work is the key to earning and providing for their families their spiritual and temporal needs. I want them to learn that work and service will clear their minds and cleanse their souls, that it will rid entitlement and welcome contentment.
Here is a look of our night and first days of school:

My mother's heart is hoping this will be a GREAT year for each of these little ones: a year full of learning, growing, and WORK and SERVICE! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment