Sunday, May 8, 2016

A reminder to cherish

We are so thankful and excited to be expecting our 5th child this coming Spring! It has brought lots of change and hope and light into our home in preparation for our baby's arrival. It has also been no picnic for me in carrying this precious gem inside of me as he/she grows. I am older and sicker and a little more exhausted than in my past pregnancies. But every time I feel this little one kick I'm reminded what a privilege and blessing it is to carry him or her and to be a mother for the 5th time over. 

The other day Jonathan and I took the kids out to lunch and I was trying to get everyone their food and utensils when a kind man passed me and said,"This looks like fun!" Then he pointed over to his family that was identical to ours in a mere 10 years and he said "But this is really fun too."

My eyes immediately filled with tears and my heart with gratitude for this man who took the time to show me what our family can become--that the small and simple things I do now not only matter, but they mean everything as our children grow.  I am grateful for these examples of families that give me hope to keep on going, to enjoy this time, and to look forward to the future--and for their cheering us on along the way. Jonathan and I were both strengthened by their kind words and encouragement of our "beautiful family." 

We are living our dreams and loving it. I want to remember to cherish this time, to stop and be still, and to breathe in the fullness of life and love that is around me. 

No comments: