Image by Mrs. Edie
Our family has recently started choosing a scripture to ponder/memorize each week. It has been a blessing to us to have these words in our minds and in our hearts as we go about our day. This morning I read this week's scripture to my kids before they left for school. It's found in Helaman 5:12.
It is powerful and it creates such great imagery. When we were discussing it, we compared this scripture to the primary song, "The Wise Man and the Foolish Man" where one man builds his house upon a rock and one upon sand. Can you guess who was wise and who was foolish? We talked about how we will never be tossed about by false ideas, pushed upon by false prophets, swayed by temptation, or carried up in Satan's many whirlwinds if our foundation is strong and built upon "the Rock of our Redeemer".
This week alone has shown what an unsettling place the world can be and how confused and wicked and slippery our world and its values are. I am so thankful to have my foundation rooted in my Savior and that His peace transcends all. It doesn't mean I blindly believe, it means I work and study and listen to His Spirit and have courage to believe what is not so popular anymore. It means being humble enough to do so and to know that He knows all and I do not. I don't know how much scarier the world will become or what trials I or my family will have to face. But I know from experience upon experience in putting my faith in Him that I can trust Him to lead us to safe ground out of the rains and winds that will come and that with Him "we cannot fall." He loves and knows each of us in such an individual and intimate way through His Atonement and wants only for us to have joy and return to live with Him. For this I am overwhelmed with gratitude for rescuing me and all those who believe in Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment