Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

"The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity."
-Margaret D. Nadauld

I just love this quote. I love the idea of more softness and beauty around us, and I think women have a natural ability to offer such qualities. It does not mean we are not strong, well-educated, or independent-thinkers--that we can't be successful leaders, but we do so with charity and a light that illuminates from within. 
I love meeting and associating myself with women who exude these qualities and know who they are and their purpose on this earth. It is so refreshing! I strive to be one of those women and am trying to teach my daughters to be so too. They teach me everyday with their innate tenderness, smiles, and love. 

I hope that my boys will recognize and value these qualities as well when choosing friends and eventually an eternal companion. I hope they will come to cherish the old proverb, "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies?" These are the things that make my mother heart so happy.

No comments: