Several months ago the hard drive on our family computer crashed. We lost a good amount of information, but fortunately my brother-in-law was able to recover many files. A few weeks ago however, it dawned on me that all of our stored family pictures had been lost with the old hard drive. We had backed up some, but not a lot. I was devastated. I absolutely love taking pictures of my family and looking through them as the years go by. But then I remembered the record I had kept on my blog with pictures and memories of my children, of our family and life. I am so thankful I took the time to record my thoughts and preserve those pictures through this medium! I love Instagram and have been using it as my sole place to record moments, but the pictures are not full resolution and I can only write so much. It is for these reasons I realized I need to keep writing. I need to keep recording and documenting my thoughts and our family's history.
I love to write. It is a passion of mine and something that helps me find peace and joy. It is a creative outlet for my soul. I also love history. Especially American history. I love to learn more about our people and this great nation, how and why things were created, and how people that went before handled and resolved good and hard times. It inspires me and makes me feel stronger and a part of something bigger than myself. I love to read and learn about my own family's history and want to record my own for my own posterity.
So I am starting again. Starting again to record my little life through pictures and words, and in hopes of inspiring and lifting those who read our story.
No comments:
Post a Comment