Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sing a song

Lately, most of my days consist of me holding Jane and rocking her back to sleep. Such is the life with a newborn. Eat, play, sleep. Or at least that is the goal! : ) 

I try not to take this time for granted. It is certainly a short-lived moment when they are this small and this dependent. And oh! the feeling of their whole weight on you once they drift to sleep! Heaven!

But sometimes it becomes tedious and a bit frustrating when they don't drift to sleep, like all day long. So during these moments I like to distract myself and Janey by singing primary songs. It seems like each of my kids had a favorite that would calm them down most. For Jane it is "I Love to See the Temple". I can't help but choke up when singing the second verse:

I love to see the temple 
I'll go inside someday 
I'll covenant with my Father
I'll promise to obey. 

For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together,
As a child of God I've learned this truth:
A family is forever. 

Usually Luke and Henry join in with me, and that makes the happy tears flow even more. I just feel beyond grateful for the covenants I've made in the temple, and the covenants Jonathan and I have made together. It does bring safety and peace. And it is a beautiful thing to know who we are, where we came from and that we can be together as a family FOREVER. 

No comments: