It has been a busy few weeks with our trip to Kansas and then the business of unpacking and restocking the essentials, more family visits, and end-of-summer activities. Evan has had more violin rehearsals in the last two weeks than I can count. But I am so excited to hear him play in his first-ever recital this Saturday evening.
The first day of school is also looming closer and closer for the older three and so last night we had our annual Back to School Feast. It was simple and just right. The kids requested Fettucine Alfredo and chocolate cupcakes for dessert and so that is exactly what we had! We also added some bread and veggies in there too. : )
We introduced our family theme for this year, The Family is of God. This is something that has been on my mind for months and I often think of The Family Proclamation that was written by President Hinckley and the 12 apostles 20 years ago. It is an inspired document and I feel that every time I read it. The truths in this document are simple and straightforward, yet are being challenged more than ever today. I believe in these truths for myself and want my children to learn and live these things for themselves, as I know they will find happiness and peace as they do.We wrote down our own family goals based on these principles too, and ended the night with Jonathan giving each of our children a Father's Blessing. It was beautiful to feel of the love and potential our Faher in Heaven has for these precious souls. They are strong and have a great purpose here on earth. I am forever grateful to be their mother and to help lead them along.
I hope they each have a wonderful year ahead full of growth and learning, and some fun too!




No comments:
Post a Comment