Sunday, May 8, 2016

Weekly Wrap

Yay for Spring!!! It has been a beautiful spring day here, full of blooming flowers and sunshine. It feels like a renewal all around. This picture of Henry was actually taken a year ago--oh, how's he's grown! I feel like spring is when I really recognize how fast my children are growing and how quickly time moves.

It has been a good week! It has felt good to be busy and active again and to have a clean house. I have actually started working on a few prints too, which has been fun. Madelyn started tennis again yesterday and absolutely loves it. It is exciting to watch her play--she is really doing well. 

I went to my monthly cooking group too yesterday and learned all about eggs. I think I ate my fair share of eggs too! Egg salad, scrambled eggs, deviled eggs, and a french omelette. I made scrambled eggs this morning and for the first time, they were perfect! Lots of whisking is the key! I really enjoyed this unique version of deviled eggs. And if you have the time, homemade mayo is the way to go. (I would just use 1 cup of the grapeseed oil though. No olive oil.)

I wasn't online much this week, but I liked reading this article. I had hardly heard of any of these phrases. Have you?

I have been memorizing this testimony by prophets and apostles written 15 years ago. It's amazing to me that it has taken me 15 years to really read and ponder through it, but as I have I've felt the truth of these words and the love of my Savior more than ever.

Happy Weekend and Happy Spring!

No comments: