Sunday, May 8, 2016
Weekly Wrap
This is one of my very favorite weekends of the year when we celebrate Easter and the renewal of life all around us and, most especially, the hope and joy of knowing that Jesus Christ lives.
Last week we discovered that Madelyn's little hamster, Snowflake, had died. It was sad and I felt horrible as I hadn't checked on her for awhile and we had been busy with Jonathan out of town and activities each night. It's not an excuse, but Madelyn was doing so well taking care of her for months that I had not given her much thought. But poor Madelyn was beside herself with grief and guilt. We talked through how it is a part of life, how we can learn through this experience, and how we need to take a break from having pets for a few years. :) But not much was consoling her.
Then I explained to her that Jesus knows exactly what she is feeling at that moment. He is the only one that knows and suffered all of our pain--every emotion we've ever had or will have--and He is the one who has overcome it all. He lives and can ease our pain and forgive our sins and He will help any time we seek and ask Him.
As soon as I told her this, her shoulders relaxed, she stopped crying, and relief spread over her face. She said, "He did that for me? He suffered for me?" Later, before bed she told me she was still feeling sad but that she didn't feel alone anymore. It might seem like such a small and silly thing, but it mattered to Madelyn so it matters to Him.
I hope as you watch this video you won't feel alone either. He is here for you in "the good, the bad, and the in-between", now and always.
Happy Easter to you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment