Weekly Wrap
Happy National Siblings Day! I love these siblings, and when I look at these pictures I know this is what life is all about...this is what life is for--to learn and grow as families. And I am so thankful to be Mom to these four awesome kids. I know and feel with all of my heart that being their mother is the greatest job I will ever do. It is a gift from God to teach and love them and, in turn, to have them stretch and teach me. I want to lift and serve others along my way in this life, and I know there is no better way to do so than to be a mother. All women, with children or not, have the opportunity to mother those around them. It is in our divine makeup.
I love this quote by Julie B. Beck that I came across recently and have thought a lot about its meaning and implications:
"A woman who treasures motherhood on earth will treasure motherhood in the world to come, and 'where her treasure is, there will her heart be also.'"
This story of a mother and the sacrifices she makes daily for her children had me in tears of awe and inspiration and love. What a beautiful and positive light she gives! She truly has the power to see in a way that is lost to some. I hope to emulate some of her sight, and the beauty that she finds in the small moments each day.
Wishing you a very happy weekend with those you love!
No comments:
Post a Comment