Today my goal was to clean the floors. This might seem like a small job, but with 3 different types of floors upstairs and downstairs, and between children's needs, it's nothing less than a small feat!
But in between Luke's snack breaks and Henry's love for books, I got it done. And it felt good.
It feels good to work! I am not a natural worker. I'm more of a dreamer, a thinker, and a planner. But I know that I much prefer the feeling of accomplishment and empowerment I get after a good day's work than the feelings of laziness, anxiety, or discontentment after an afternoon of scrolling through my phone.
Everyone needs a good break in their day, but I can tell the difference of days that just go by and days where I'm intentionally working and aiming toward something. To work toward something makes all the difference and is what gives me satisfaction--in my case it usually means working toward having a healthy, happy family and a well-running home.
And today that meant cleaning my floors, spending meaningful moments with my kids and, darn it, trying to find the end of my laundry piles. And boy, it felt good. There is no substitute for good, hard work!

No comments:
Post a Comment