Monday, October 30, 2017

A Beautiful Weekend.



The weather has been gorgeous this Fall and perfect for all the activities and fall festivities going on. On Friday evening our ward hosted the annual Trunk or Treat. Madelyn created a Halloween mad libs station for younger kids.



I love how involved she is and how creative she gets with anything she does. Her station was cutely decorated and easy to understand as she made definitions for all the younger kids so they would know how to play.



Jane was a cat and I was her mouse but I really think it should be the other way around as I’m the one chasing her around all day!






On Saturday morning we went to the Aquarium’strick or treat party. The kids loved all of the haunted decorations and of course, candy. Janey picked out a new stuffed penguin friend whom she hugs tightly and has dubbed, Duckie. 



Here she is obsessed with the “duckies” that go “quack quack”.  She would hold her arms high in the air and run over to them whenever she saw birds or ducks.







That afternoon we finally planted our tulip bulbs that will hopefully beautifully bloom this Spring!







Henry, Jane, and I enjoyed a nice stroll around the lake as everyone else finished up. It’s in these moments as the sun beautifully shines upon the earth and I think back on my day and realize how much I love this stage of life, I am overwhelmed by my many blessings including these darling children who are so pure and so generous with their love.






We enjoyed a nice Sunday at church and Home. Jonathan’s been working every other weekend and our ward meets at 1:00 with sacrament meeting last. On those sundays we feel it important for us to attend sacrament meeting as a family so we attend the previous wards meeting at 10:50 and then go to our classes at 1:00 with our own ward. It’s a little crazy but we find with the Lords help and as we put forth the effort, we can do just about anything. We have felt blessed with an added measure of peace and joy as we’ve made this small sacrifice.



Later, while daddy was at work we picked up the whole house and I rewarded the kids with some delicious Carmel apples, if I do say so myself. :)



No comments: