Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother’s Day 2018


I love being a MOM!!! And Jonathan and the kids certainly know how to spoil me, especially on Mother’s Day. Since Jonathan had to go into work Sunday evening, he came home on Saturday afternoon and told me to go shopping or relax in my room or whatever I want for a couple of hours. So I took my sweet Luke with me and went went to my favorite clothing boutique, Nest. Luke is the best shopping partner because 1. He loves to go with me, and 2. He has great taste and enjoys picking pretty things out for me. I found a beautiful lilac-colored dress and and very cute top. Then we treated each other to Swig on the way to Sephora. I picked out some pretty makeup and then we headed home. Luke enjoyed trying out about 50 lipstick colors on his hand too. Ha! Love this boy. 

When we got home I was surprised by a beautifully set table, a clean home, cards, chocolates, and a pretty bouquet of tulips from our yard. I felt so loved and special! The kids and Jonathan were so sweet to go to all of the trouble for me! They made the most delicious biscuits and gravy and even had my favorite orange juice and Belgian chocolate milk.



Then, Jonathan made a stunning fruit trifle for dessert! Lemon curd, cream, strawberries, lady fingers and more - so yummy! The next day I opened more cards and Jonathan made my favorite brioche French toast for lunch. 

Wow. I love that my husband knows how to cook so well! And I’m sure I gained 5 pounds from it all. He also treated me to a delicious Italian dinner on Friday so I know I’ve gained at least that, eek! 

I love this family so very much! I am SO blessed to be their Mama and to be there for them. Sometimes I feel like I’m not doing enough for them but I’m so grateful for their forgiveness and love toward me. Being their mother is the best thing I will ever do!



No comments: