
Today is Jonathan and my sixth wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long. I remember back to when we were first married, struggling at BYU as students and working together cleaning toilets to make ends meet! :) All I wanted to do at that time was to go home and relax after a long day at school. One night I told Jonathan that I couldn't wait until six years from then, when we would be done with all our schooling, financially able to buy a frozen pizza if we wanted to (and maybe a house too) and have a couple of kids. And, now here we are, and I must say life is very very good. We are extremely blessed in many ways. But, what I didn't know I would be thinking at this time is that those days six years ago were very good as well. I would love to have that job again just to have more time with Jonathan. It was actually very fun working together and living the simple life we did.
I realize the things I hold most dear in my life now are some of the same things I had six years ago...time with my family and our marriage in the temple. Now we have this beautiful daughter that has brought us more joy than we've ever known...and a little boy on the way. I am so grateful that six years ago we made the choice to be sealed together so that our family can be together forever. That is pure bliss and the only "thing" that I truly want or need.
6 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Sure love you both!
Happy Anniversary! It is so nice when everything starts panning out that you have been working so hard for. I am so glad things are going so well for you guys. Can't wait to see pictures of that little guy!
Yay anniversary!! =)
What a heart felt tribute...I love it.
Happy Anniversary! Hope you all had some time to yourselves.
Congrats! I feel like it was just yesterday that you were posting a 5th anniversery! You are such a good writer-that was really sweet! Happy anniversery!
SO true! Its all about treasuring each little season of life cause then its on to the next one, and its great to look back and say "those were good times too."
I can't believ your little boy is almost here. YAY for you guys!
Post a Comment