Friday, September 26, 2008

Things to Remember

First Smiles. The first time you see your baby smile at you has to be one of the most precious moments. The last couple of weeks Evan has really started smiling and we were finally able to capture some of it on camera. He loves it when we have a conversation with him, and he has really started responding to us by cooing and watching our every move. It's been a joy to watch him develop this new skill! I was so anxious from the beginning for him to start doing this and it's been such a reward day after day to look at him and see those cute dimples. :)




As for the X chromosome: Maddy's latest phrases have been quite amusing and sometimes worrisome! Maddy, do you need to go potty? (When clearly she does).
"I don't think so Mommy."
"Maddy, it's time for bed."
"I don't think so Mommy." You get the idea. It has been a little frustrating lately. Sometimes I'm wondering if I'm already raising a teenager and then I start really worrying what kind of teenager she actually will be. Right now I can bribe her with candy! :) Other defiant phrases: "Don't talk to me" or "It's not fair!" Aaagh!


But then on the flip side, she can say and do the sweetest things that completely erase all of her stubborn moments. For example, whenever I am obviously frustrated with her, she'll just look at me and say, "Mommy, don't be mad at me, I'm your friend." Or "It's okay sweetheart." Or simply, what makes it all worth it,
"I lub (love) you, Mommy."
I love you too Maddy! xoxo

4 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

So sweet! The smiles are so cute as well as the frown.

Stacey said...

Evan is getting so big! What a cutie!! I think that is so funny that Maddy says, I don't think so mommy. They have such a sweet side and such a testy side!! Good thing they are all so cute! ;)

Anonymous said...

lily enjoyed the pictures. she was smiling and talking to the ones of maddy. we really miss being around every one all the time. cute smiles!

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

He is getting so big. They grow so fast! Savannah is getting into that phase of saying things to me that are frustrating or so adorable you melt!