Wednesday, October 22, 2008

All about my man...

Thanks Nicole for the tag...this was fun. :)

1.) What is your husband's name? Jonathan
2.) How long have you been married? 6 wonderful years
3.) How long did you date? Hmmm...excluding the mission and the years at BYU and the years before I was 16 and we were not "technically" dating... 1 1/2 years. (Years we were googly-eyed before getting married...5).
4.) How old is he? 28
5.) Who eats sweets? He LOVES sweets and has shown me the joy that comes from a perfect bowl of ice cream. I think his sweet ways have rubbed off on me too, because I'm ADDICTED to his chocolate-raspberry smoothies.
6.) Who said I Love you first? Before we were, again, "technically" dating, we used to swap notes to each other at school. On one of his he signed it "I love you." I was smitten from that day on. :)
7.) Who is taller? He is...5' 9". I always joke that we must have been meant to be together since I'm by far the shortest person in my family at 5' 3". It must be the recessive gene.
8.) Who can sing best? He does. Although yesterday he told me I have the perfect "motherly" singing voice. I took it as a compliment. :)
9.) Who is smarter? With text-book stuff...he is hands-down.
10.) Who does the laundry? I do...although when he's home he helps put away clothes.
11.) Who pays the bills? He does. (It causes me anxiety too). But I like to know exactly where we are on the budget...you know, so I know if I can afford those new pair of shoes or not. :)
12.) Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does...it's closer to the door. It makes me feel safe that way.
13.) Who mows the lawn? He mows our tiny, beautiful lawn of sod. :)
14.) Who cooks dinner? I usually do. However, my husband is very domesticated. He'll hate that I'm saying this, but I just didn't know what to do with a domesticated husband when we were first married. My dad is not a good cook (sorry dad), so I wasn't used to the man being able to do anything. (I mean, he sews the loose buttons on my clothes for crying out loud. Yes, I have since learned how to do this. Sort of.)But, let's just say since then I have totally put Jonathan's "sweet skills" to good use. :) Thanks Bonnie for raising such a capable guy.
15.) Who drives? He does and I'm sooo glad. Salt Lake traffic is not my favorite.
16.) Who is the first to admit they are wrong? It depends. We both try very hard at this and we're getting better. :)
17.) Who kissed who first? He held the mistletoe...and I obliged. ha.:)
18.) Who asked who out first? He did. With a sweet red rose and card. Aww, how I miss those days. :)
19.) Who wears the pants? Depends on the issue. When I need to make a decision about the house, kids, health, safety, etc., I'll reasearch a ton, and then make a decision that he trusts. But then there are times he feels very strongly about something and I respect those decisions very much too. Love you sweetie! xoxo
OKAY...I tag Julean, Kaytie, Kendra, Lauren and Angie...now GO! :)

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

SO cute! You are so good at making him sound like the perfect little husband! He's gotta have some flaws right??? ;)

I LOVE that picture of you two! It is totally adorable! Miss you!

nicole b said...

Thanks for playing along! It's fun to get little glimpses into eachothers lives!