Monday, November 17, 2008

Going Private...

OK, so I've been thinking about it for a while now and have been getting really freaked out about random people stumbling on our blog. I've noticed our blog comes up on a lot of search engines, including google and that makes me paranoid. So I tried to go to settings and block our blog from being crawled, but it still comes up with google searches. Does anyone know how to block that?

If not, I think it's time we make our blog private. I think I've been watching too much of the news or reading too many articles, but now that I'm a little more informed I feel even more protective of our little family. So if you would like to still keep up with "Our Starr Stories" leave me your e-mail address in the comments and I'll add you in. We love having family and friends keep in touch with us, so please don't be afraid to leave your address. :) I'll change it on December 1st.

As far as how the private thing works, you will have to have a gmail or hotmail account (or blogger account) to log in and you'll just log in to see our blog like you would to check your e-mail. Thanks for understanding! I know it's a pain...

17 comments:

Stacey said...

I would love to be able to still check out your blog. stacey dot mcclure at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Talk to Alena, because she said that there is something that you can do to block your blog from search engines. Maybe you tried that already.

Starry said...

I know what you mean Erica. We may all have to do this.

My email and Mike's are...

theveritablemike@gmail.com
starrwriter@gmail.com

Jess said...

Erica, from what I understand if you have your blog set to not show up on search engines from the beginning, you are not going to show up. BUT, if you were open and then go back later and set it to not show up, the original posts that were posted before the change will still be out there. I would love to continue to follow your blog! rickjesshansen at gmail dot com.

Anonymous said...

Count me in, Erica. juleanjs@yahoo.com. (Now maybe your mom and Grandma J. will finally set up a hotmail account. My blog alone wasn't incentive enough for them, but maybe between the two of us...)

Kaytie Brown said...

Mine is kaytbrown@gmail.com

P.S. I LOVE the bandaid mustache thing your ADORABLE girlie has got goin on.

The Fantastic Four said...

Great choice!! Nice informed decision...and a smart one too. =)

I'll email you my blogging email address. =)

Colcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bright Ideas said...

Don't forget to include me so I can keep up-to-date on my BFF's. :)
Krista

Chanda Starr said...

You already know our families e-mail so add me and Ariel. You can block others from being able to search as mine doesn't pull up anywhere except for where my name shows up on you and Angie's blog and I suppose someone could get it from there. I also have a stat counter that allows me to go and see who is looking at my blog. Check out statcounter.com

Jen said...

jenkbenson@yahoo.com

Definitely better safe than sorry!

Kayla Neer said...

Hey Bear! My email that I use to sign into Julean's blog is kaylaneer@hotmail.com, so I can do that for yours too!

Ranae said...

Count me in too Erica. :-)
I don't use it often but my gmail account is

PianoQuest@gmail.com

Thanks Erica.

Ranae

Alan and Lynette said...

lynette_M_gifford@yahoo.com
We would like to continue on in the Starr party:)

mfoster said...

I absolutely love reading your blog! This way I can stay in the loop... my email is mfoster_83@hotmail.com

Michelle Johnston said...

Hi Erica. Yes, please add me! michelle.m.johnston@gmail.com

walecki8 said...

We love reading about your cute little family. Morgan loves seeing pictures of Maddy, she is always talking about her "friends."
waleckijrtw@aol.com