Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A New Day...

It has been a day of reflection and of emotion.

It has been a truly historic day in many ways. I am proud to have witnessed it. I am proud I was able to vote today. I felt proud to be an American today. I only pray that the change ahead will be for the good of our country and its people.

This day also took on more meaning and significance because of a more personal experience. Today our brother and uncle left for Iraq for 12 months and I have not been able to stop thinking about him, about how he's doing, about his courage and character, about how his parents are feeling...and other family members. Our thoughts and prayers will constantly be with you Amman. We love you and are proud of you.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yes--what an honor but how scary! We'll pray for Amman too! He IS an amazing guy!

Rebecca said...

Does he have a way he's keeping everyone updated? I'd love to get updates on how it goes over there!

nicole b said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Amman too! Thanks for updating us--I wasn't sure when he was leaving.