Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is Halloween...

I've had this song in my head all week! Maddy had me play it over and over while she sang along at the top of her lungs and danced. Very cute. I'm not sure if Evan liked it though.

Here's a look at our week-long Halloween fun...

Last Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo. It was CROWDED. I think all of Salt Lake City was there. Even Alena and Mike were there and we had no idea.

But Maddy had fun and enjoyed the animal show. She got to pet or "soft" a chincilla, millipede, snake, etc. She loved that! But, alas, I think that will be our last time for Boo at the Hogle Zoo.

Maddy dressed up as Princess Dora and here's a picture of her little sidekick, Boots.

On Monday Maddy had her preschool friends come over for a Halloween party. (Notice the princess theme going on!) Each week Julean and some neighborhood friends and I rotate teaching lessons and it was my week. We made Haunted Houses for the letter H.



On Tuesday we carved pumpkins. Well, Maddy played with the inside parts of the pumpkin while Daddy carved it. Can you tell what it is? Dora, of course!










On Wednesday we had our ward's "trunk or treat" party with our 500 fellow ward members! It was very fun.
Then on Friday the trick or treating began! Maddy took charge and was in full-character, making sure we called her Dora and Evan Boots.

I think we have a new fan of Halloween!


THE END!!

9 comments:

Lisa Price said...

Thank you for always updating your blog. It is so fun to watch your family. I need to be better about it. I still have pictures of Kayla on my camera from 3 weeks ago. Happy halloween! I loved the video and how she changed the song in the middle.

Chanda Starr said...

Looks like you had a fun and exciting Halloween. Maddy is so cute. Wish her Faith could get together and sing and dance. Faith has been on a Blues Clues kick this week which is better than the last couple weeks of pokemon. Erica your new hair cut looks nice and the craft you did with the kids was really neat. A lot of work to do with all those little ones and a baby. Miss you!!

Jen said...

Very Cute! Yea, we've done "Boo at the Hogle Zoo" many times. I usually end up seeing all my friends from High School (that I never see), because I do think the whole SL Valley goes! It look like you had a good Halloween.

Karolyn said...

First of all-I love Maddy's new haircut! She looks absolutely adorable!

Second-Evan is SOOOO cute. My goodness-I love his pictures. He sure looks like a happy baby. Reminds me of Skeeter!

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

She looks great! It looks like you all had a great time on Halloween. Your hair looks wonderful. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Starry said...

The video of Maddie singing was priceless! I love how she kind of hums along until the chorus and comes in full throttle! I didn't know that you had done the haunted houses...that looked like a lot of fun. It was also nice to see the Dora pumpkin in better shape in the picture. I hope we'll see you all again soon!

The Fantastic Four said...

Erica- Did you get a haircut?? So cute.

Happy Halloween to you!! Love how cute the kids look. Fun pics.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Wow! Look how big the kids are getting! I love the costumes. Halloween is so much fun!

Bright Ideas said...

That is the cutest Boots I have ever seen and Maddy is a beautiful as always.