Sunday, February 15, 2009

a LOVEly day

Our Valentine's Day Celebration looked something like this:


Our mailbox was stuffed with red and white valentines from thoughtful Grandparents. Maddy and Evan enjoyed opening them the next day along with Hershey's kisses and hearts from Mommy and Daddy.




Daddy made us heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast with strawberry syrup and a side of yummy pink scrambled eggs.





There were random whisperings




of "I Love You" all day




and sweet hugs




and kisses.








And we made fun

Valentine cards

for one another.








Several years ago my mom and my sisters and I started making a "surprise" dinner for my Dad on Valentine's Day. It became a tradition each year and then, no longer a surprise, but a welcomed event. So, this year Maddy and I made Daddy a "surprise" dinner...

...with a "Heart-Attack" all over the house and the traditional menu:


Shrimp Cocktail

Stawberry and Blueberry Salad

Cornish Game Hens with wild rice

Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce

Crescent Rolls

Sparkling Pomegranate-Apple Juice

Chocolate Mousse with Strawberries

I think it was a hit...

Then Jonathan and I slipped away for a nice and simple evening together...

Thank you Alena!

Yes, Valentine's Day is a big deal at our house. :)

5 comments:

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

Sounds wonderful! It will be nice when the kids get a little older and help out more than they already do. It is always nice to get away from the kids for a little while at least.

The Fantastic Four said...

You sure know how to sell a post!! hehehe. Sounds great...you guys are such a cute family. =)

Chanda Starr said...

Isn't it great to celebrate love!! The dinner looked amazing, I wonder if my husband was disappointed with the chicken nuggets, chips and jello jigglers?

Karolyn said...

Looks like a very fun day! And your dinner looks absolutely fabulous... maybe next year we'll plan on celebrating at your house?! haha

janell said...

So glad to see the tradition continue! Yum!