Thursday, January 28, 2010

Prayers Requested

Photobucket

We found out this morning the intense pain my grandma is experiencing is from a cancerous tumor that is six inches into her colon. Tomorrow the doctor will operate on it, trying to take out the entire tumor and part of the colon. They will also check her lymph nodes to see if the cancer has spread, which we should know by next week.

We are all pretty much a mess after finding out this difficult news. We ask for your prayers on her behalf--that they will be able to remove the tumor, that the surgery will go well, and ultimately her health may be restored. This is our hope for our dearest Grandma J.

4 comments:

Chanda Starr said...

We are praying for you family. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Starry said...

Oh Erica, thank you for letting us know. I've always thought your Grandma J such an admirable woman who so healthy and engaged in life. I hope they can help her so she can get back to life and enjoying all her dear family. Feel free to call any time.

Julean said...

I started crying all over again reading your beautiful explanation and looking at that fabulous picture.
Thanks for agreeing to help with the kids while I'm gone. Will Misha (or Jonathan) be off on Tuesday to help too? Let me know if it will be too much.

janell said...

Beautifully written, Erica. I've always loved that picture.