Friday, January 15, 2010

this morning

Photobucket
As soon as Maddy woke up this morning she requested to play the Wii...or "Misha's games" as she calls them. I obliged thinking this is the one morning we don't have a set schedule, and I needed to do some dishes. As you can see the girl gets very passionate while playing the Wii. There's jumping up and down, yelling at the "bad guys," "ahh" this and "YES!" to that. It's very fun to watch.

Meanwhile, Evan is helping me put away the silverware and does his daily-jump onto the dishwasher where I gently put him down. And again. And again.

Then it's off to retrieve the laundry from the dryer. As Evan is climbing into the dryer, it is then that I realize he has a rather swollen ankle. I look closer, feel his bum and concur the swollen ankle is his squishy diaper. I sweep him up, rush to the changing table, extract the old yucky diaper and replace his bare bum with a fresh, dry diaper.
Photobucket

All the while I'm hearing Maddy jumping up and down, adding new phrases to her vocabulary such as "I need some shoot balls" "Get out of my way" "Mommy, I'm getting the bad guys!" "Dang it, I died!" "I'm going to the fireballs place."

Whoever said this mommy gig wasn't entertaining?


I love it.

1 comment:

janell said...

Oh my! How hilarious!!