Monday, February 8, 2010

"Don't remember!"

Photobucket


I have a little memory of my Madelyn. And, whenever she tells us something she doesn't want us to forget, she'll exclaim, "Don't remember!" She has it a little backwards right now, but aren't there certain things as a parent you don't want to correct because they're just so darling! And you know it won't last forever.


So, on Saturday Jonathan and I informed the kids that is was bath time. Evan ran straight to the bath tub and started taking off his clothes, while Maddy protested.


"But we have to take a bath to get ready for Sunday," we told her.


Later, while getting ready for bed, she told Jonathan that she was ready to go to church, and Jonathan explained that we weren't going until after her "nap."


Maddy then told him, "I love going to church, because I love feeling the Spirit when I'm there."


The next morning she told me with all the reverence in her soul that she was ready to go to church to think about Jesus, because she loves Jesus very much.

Madelyn is a beautiful, sweet girl. But this past year we have truly struggled with her stubborness and all the drama that comes from being a 4-year-old princess. It is moments like these that I savor and remember that she is innately good through and through, and that we are not alone in rearing our children. The Spirit is there. Our Savior is there. And she is a daughter of her Heavenly Father and He will constantly help us help this child He loves so much. I am so thankful to know this, and so very thankful for this little girl of mine.

1 comment:

Angela Kahle said...

She is such an intelligent child. We are having troubles with Lily right now too and I treasure the little moments where she is a sweetheart too. Motherhood is truly an adventure; ups and downs.