Monday, May 24, 2010

Five years

Photobucket
May 24, 2005
1: 55 p.m.
8 lbs. 15 oz.
21 inches
Photobucket
1

Photobucket
2

Photobucket
3

Photobucket
4

Photobucket
5!

Happy Birthday my sweet 5-year-old! I cannot believe it has been five years since you were born. There is a song that I listen to on your birthday. It is so special to me because it always takes me back to the day you came into this world. The emotions that I had that day come flooding back to me--joy, love, fear, anxiety, peace, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude...for you. It reminds me of the very first time I saw your face, of our first few minutes together, of seeing the tears on your Daddy's face, of the intense and magical bond I immediately had with you. There is nothing like those feelings. They are incredible. They are God-given.

Madelyn, you have changed my life these past five years. You made me a mommy and I am forever thankful to have you as my daughter. You are sweet, gracious, loving, sensitive, strong-willed, thoughtful, spunky, smart, and so much fun.
I love you more than life!

Happy, Happy Birthday my dear!

1 comment:

Starry said...

How nice to see a picture for each year. I hope her party was a success and that you all got a nap afterwards! Hope you're loving it in Kansas...