
"...but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."

We had a blast celebrating Daddy yesterday. We made him his favorite Challah French Toast, with fruit and thick sliced bacon.

Madelyn decorated the table with the cards we made and favorite pictures of her and Evan and Daddy.

For dinner we had Daddy's favorites: Cilantro-lime pork chops, fingerling potatoes, arugula salad, and corn on the cob with chili-lime butter. Oh, and of course Daddy's own Limeade. Maddy was a big help in shucking the corn with me. She was also cracking us up with lots of Maddyisms. :)


Evan especially enjoyed the smores or "marshes" for dessert. He even did a little dance as he ate them.

Jonathan gave a wonderful talk at Church yesterday as well. One of the things he mentioned that meant a lot to me was from Elder Maxwell:
I know Jonathan is too humble to admit this, but he is a great father and a wonderful Daddy. I see it when our kids look into his eyes. They love him with all of their hearts. He strives everyday to be the best he can be, and I am so thankful for him and all that he selflessly does for our family.“A father who truly loves his children, and who is truly striving, for instance,
to become a better man, sends off to his children all kinds of messages, in a
variety of ways, that let them know he loves them and that he is a serious
disciple of Jesus Christ. Then his children can more easily forgive him the
tactical errors, because his basic message is intact: he believes in God and he
cares for his family. On the other hand, for the father who is not truly serious
in his discipleship, no number of compensatory techniques or humanistic
sentiments can ever compensate for the failure of that father to teach the truth
by precept and by example.”
2 comments:
Beautifully said--I agree with it all! Jonathan is one of the best Daddy's I know!
You all look so purely happy. I'm so glad his talk went well and he got to feel of the love you and the kids have for him. We think he's wonderful too.
Post a Comment