Friday, November 5, 2010

6 weeks and in love

My Dear Lukey,
Photobucket
You are 6 weeks old today! Yay! You have started smiling...
Photobucket
and you especially love smiling at your Mama,
Photobucket
which completely melts my heart. I just LOVE your smiles.
Photobucket
You are such a content, sweet baby.
Of course, you always let me know when you are hungry or just need to be held.
And I love that too.
Photobucket
I love your little toes and fingers.
I love your soft skin and the smell and feel of your newborn head.
Photobucket
I love the way you look at your brother and sister.
Photobucket
And I love the way they look at you.
You are the new little one around here and we are in awe of you and everything you do.
Photobucket
You've started sleeping longer at night.
But I still love the beautiful, quiet moments we get to spend together in the wee hours...
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
...as I rock you back and forth
and feel your little body and listen to your soft breathing,
I dream about what you will be like, the person you will become,
the happiness I want you to have.
Photobucket
I am so thankful to have you as a part of our family and can't wait to watch you grow and find your place with your brother and sister. You are the new branch on our tree!
Photobucket
I feel so very lucky to have you. I love you, my son.

Love always,

Your Mama

5 comments:

Starry said...

What amazing pictures! You've really captured his sweetness and innocence. I love the ones with him and Evan--I'm sure they're going to be good buds. Hope we get to see you before too long again.

Julean said...

That black and white of Evan and Jonathan needs to go on your Live, Laugh Love wall.
Oh, and Luke is growing FAR too quickly. What a cute belly!

Julean said...

Evan and Luke...you know what I meant.

janell said...

OMGosh! Look how much he's changed already!!! I LOVE the smiles! I knew he was close when we left. Precious pictures--all of them!

janell said...

Erica: Your wonderful mom shared your website with me so I could see her beautiful grandchildren and your beautiful family...I couldn't help for think to myself: what a wonderful wife and mother and woman...but then, you had the best of examples to show you how to be a wonderful wife and mother! Your family is beautiful...God has blessed you richly!
Geralyn Arndt
Emporia, KS