I listen to the talks in sacrament meeting about how amazing women are and the great responsibility they have to teach and love, and I squirm a bit in my chair.
This is not me, I think. My mind goes back to my impatience in getting my kids ready for church just an hour before, or how my laundry is unfolded and sitting in a basket at home. Or how I let a teaching opportunity with my children pass me by the other morning because I was too tired, etc. etc. No, they are not talking about me at all.

But then I am sweetly reminded that I am enough...because I am not alone as a mother.
My burdens can be lifted in this sacred calling because I have divine help. It is with me each day softly nudging me to do this, remind them this, say this, love them this way, be aware of this, don't worry about this.
I know I am not the only one invested in these sweet souls. They have a loving Father in Heaven and angels here on earth and in heaven who love them and want them to succeed.
Yes I do have help. And yet, I am the face that they see each day and the one that they call "mother". It is quite the responsibility, and so I am thankful that my children.....

and my husband take me as I am, imperfect,

and love me anyway.
And love me they did, yesterday! I was told to get back in bed after my shower in the morning so they could bring me a sweet card and breakfast in bed-baked french toast with homemade syrup, whipped cream and strawberries, Jonathan's delicious scrambled eggs and smoothies! Then I was able to rest after church while Madelyn helped clean the house and Jonathan made me a dinner of salmon with a mint and parsley-citrus relish, lime and honey chicken, rice pilaf with saffron, broccoli, and gruyere and gouda fondue with green apples and sourdough and rye breads. AND Mike brought a yummy fruit salad and chocolate and peanut butter ice-cream pie for dessert. Wow.

I told Jonathan...not many men could pull this off!! :) He is quite amazing!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It was heavenly.
3 comments:
I suppose it is a good thing that we don't see ourselves as others do but I think you are amazing! Glad you had a great mothers day!
Okay, I'm going to borrow Jonathan next Mother's Day. That breakfast sounds divine!
Those guilt feelings are probably felt by every mother in the place. I know I can identify with them. Many of those menu items I don't even recognize by name, let alone the fact that I have not eaten them. What a lovely mother and great dad.
Post a Comment