I have started running again (unless you count the 2.5 miles on the treadmill a few times a week) outside and it has felt so good! I have a couple friends that I do it with early morning before our kids are up and it's been nice to get up and get something done before the busy day begins. I decided I wanted to make a goal to keep me going, so a week ago I signed up for the 5-mile Temple 2 Temple run. It had been over 10 years since I had run in an official "race" so I wasn't sure how I would do, but I was determined to do it. If I could run a 5k when I was 7, I could this, right??
The Saturday evening before the race there was a fireside held in our stake with Sister Dalton, the YW general president, Paul Cardall - who wrote this arrangement that Maddy sang at her Grandpa's retirement recital, and Sandra Rast, the LDS artist who has created several beautiful works of art including this one. It was an amazing program mixed with music and scriptures and each of these person's personal experiences of trial and triumph, and their testimonies of the
power of temple blessings.
Jonathan and I felt privileged to be there and to be so inspired that night. We also feel privileged to have so many temples surrounding us and for the blessings that
come from the promises we have made.

Monday morning came and the race started at 7 am in front of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My sweet aunt, Julean, ran with me and my dear friend, Kori. I'm sure I slowed them down a ton, but we kept a good pace and ran all the way to the finish...the Jordan River Temple.

It was so neat to see my family at the finish line! Seeing their faces at the end, with the temple in the background, made it all worth it!
It certainly wasn't my 8-minute-mile pace like in my cross-country days, but I felt good that I did it - that my body is strong enough to do hard things.

Thanks for the fun times ladies!! Perhaps a 10k next??
The Saturday evening before the race there was a fireside held in our stake with Sister Dalton, the YW general president, Paul Cardall - who wrote this arrangement that Maddy sang at her Grandpa's retirement recital, and Sandra Rast, the LDS artist who has created several beautiful works of art including this one. It was an amazing program mixed with music and scriptures and each of these person's personal experiences of trial and triumph, and their testimonies of the
power of temple blessings.
Jonathan and I felt privileged to be there and to be so inspired that night. We also feel privileged to have so many temples surrounding us and for the blessings that
come from the promises we have made.

Monday morning came and the race started at 7 am in front of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. My sweet aunt, Julean, ran with me and my dear friend, Kori. I'm sure I slowed them down a ton, but we kept a good pace and ran all the way to the finish...the Jordan River Temple.

It was so neat to see my family at the finish line! Seeing their faces at the end, with the temple in the background, made it all worth it!
It certainly wasn't my 8-minute-mile pace like in my cross-country days, but I felt good that I did it - that my body is strong enough to do hard things.

Thanks for the fun times ladies!! Perhaps a 10k next??
3 comments:
Congrats on a great run! I'm so glad it was a good experience for you. It feels so good to be healthy and challenging yourself. Hope I can do more of that after this baby is born. Way to be motivated and get in shape!
Way to go!
That is fabulous. I hope to someday be in as good of shape as you. I think a 1K would be hard for me, so a 5K sounds amazing. Glad you all had a great summer. Hope Luke has a Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment