I am thinking about getting the fall stuff out of storage, about planning my BABY's 1st birthday, about apple cider, pumpkin patches {or pumpkin pies, as Evan calls them}, and Halloween costumes, and with all of this I realized I never properly told summer good-bye.
Probably because it is hard to tell something you love so much good-bye. And just like years in the past, this summer was perfect.
It was slow to start, but we didn't mind the less-than-95-degree heat, and the showers that rolled through almost every evening...as long as it didn't interrupt our swimming fun.
We loved being lazy in the mornings, naps in the afternoon, going on walks around the lake, and playing at the park. We loved visiting our Kansas family and having them visit us, we loved girls days, our anniversary, family outings, and going to the mountains for hotdogs and smores.
Yes, we will miss you summer.




So we decided to enjoy every last bit of summer this past weekend. We enjoyed the bounty of the farmer's market. We buzzed off Evan's long locks. We went to a movie and ate lots of popcorn, of course. There was date night. We grilled out for Sunday dinner. We ran/cheered in the temple run. We went hiking. We took naps. We ate some more, and played and played.
I put together a simple video of the clips I recorded on my phone over the weekend. The song is one of my favorites, "All About the Heart" by Mindy Gledhill.
Until next year...
Probably because it is hard to tell something you love so much good-bye. And just like years in the past, this summer was perfect.
It was slow to start, but we didn't mind the less-than-95-degree heat, and the showers that rolled through almost every evening...as long as it didn't interrupt our swimming fun.
We loved being lazy in the mornings, naps in the afternoon, going on walks around the lake, and playing at the park. We loved visiting our Kansas family and having them visit us, we loved girls days, our anniversary, family outings, and going to the mountains for hotdogs and smores.
Yes, we will miss you summer.




So we decided to enjoy every last bit of summer this past weekend. We enjoyed the bounty of the farmer's market. We buzzed off Evan's long locks. We went to a movie and ate lots of popcorn, of course. There was date night. We grilled out for Sunday dinner. We ran/cheered in the temple run. We went hiking. We took naps. We ate some more, and played and played.
I put together a simple video of the clips I recorded on my phone over the weekend. The song is one of my favorites, "All About the Heart" by Mindy Gledhill.
Until next year...
2 comments:
Wow! What a weekend and what a summer! Everyone looked so happy and carefree. I hope your fall and the rest of the year are just as nice.
That was beautiful!
Post a Comment