Monday, November 14, 2011

I really miss her.

Photobucket

We have been spoiled the last 3 1/2 weeks to have Madelyn (aka: my little helper, creative partner, little mommy, girly-girl) home with us.

This year-round school thing is hard on me. I get used to the routine and then bam, it's time to go off-track and we have to get into a whole other routine. Maddy isn't used to being at home at first, Evan's not used to her being at home, I'm not used to her being at home...it takes us a few days to figure it all out. Then we do and it's like the good old days. She is such a great help with Luke and loves to clean (and sing), bake, craft, paint nails and go shopping with me. And the outfits! I will miss seeing the fun little outfits she dressed herself in each morning. (She is luckily nice enough to let me dress her for school).

I will never forget one afternoon that involved running errands, a car wash, hot chocolates, and lots of giggles. It was heavenly.

And so today was a bit sad as I dropped her off at school. It was time, but still. She will be missed during those school-day hours. Again.

In other news: the boys are playing together like old friends and I think Evan has enjoyed regaining his title as the oldest at home.

3 comments:

janell said...

Precious post--I love it!

Misha said...

I miss her too :( she's growing up wayyy too fast. Make it stop please :)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!--almost as much as I love her!