
Each morning our hotel served a yummy breakfast buffet. The kids loved the yogurt, waffles, eggs, bagels, and many different cereals to choose from each day. There were also two big screens always playing certain Disney movies, like Cars or Tangled. So by the time we were headed out the door, the kids were so ready to head back for more Disneyland fun!

The Halloween decorations were awesome! We loved the Mickey Mouse at the front gate made out of beautiful marigolds and other fall flowers.

Our family in front of Walt, Mickey, and the Sleeping Beauty castle.
Maddy and I stopped to tour Sleeping Beauty's castle and then it was off to Toon Town to see Minnie and Mickey. Evan loved this car at Goofy's gas station in Toon Town.

Minnie Mouse!

Touring Minnie's house...



Mickey! This time we met Mickey at the entrance of his house.

Maddy playing Mickey's piano and Evan entertaining the crowd in line to meet him.

We then had some down time at Goofy's playground while Daddy went to get fastpasses to Splash and Space Mountain.


Maddy and I rode Splash Mountain together and then Daddy went. I was worried the whole time that it would be too scary for her, but she did really well, even on the big drop-off at the end. She said she liked it, but that she never wanted to do it again.

Seeing Winnie the Pooh in his neck of the woods.

Minnie Mouse!

Touring Minnie's house...



Mickey! This time we met Mickey at the entrance of his house.

Maddy playing Mickey's piano and Evan entertaining the crowd in line to meet him.

We then had some down time at Goofy's playground while Daddy went to get fastpasses to Splash and Space Mountain.


Maddy and I rode Splash Mountain together and then Daddy went. I was worried the whole time that it would be too scary for her, but she did really well, even on the big drop-off at the end. She said she liked it, but that she never wanted to do it again.

Seeing Winnie the Pooh in his neck of the woods.
Evan really wanted to go inside the Haunted Mansion with Jack Skellington.
Evan was so brave as he went inside with Daddy and loved it all!
Maddy got to meet Jack outside while we waited for Daddy and Evan.
I must say, Jack is pretty awesome.

We then went on the Jungle Cruise and saw the elephants, lions, tigers, zebras, and monkeys. We toured Tarzan's treehouse and played with his many "toys". And in between these rides I think we went to the bathroom 3 to 4 times with each of us having to go at separate times, including changing Luke. This is all part of the game when going to Disneyland with kids. As a sidenote Evan was in his underwear all week and did not have one accident. (If only this were the case at home).

We then went on the Jungle Cruise and saw the elephants, lions, tigers, zebras, and monkeys. We toured Tarzan's treehouse and played with his many "toys". And in between these rides I think we went to the bathroom 3 to 4 times with each of us having to go at separate times, including changing Luke. This is all part of the game when going to Disneyland with kids. As a sidenote Evan was in his underwear all week and did not have one accident. (If only this were the case at home).
We went back to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz's ride and Daddy and Maddy went on Space Mountain while I went by myself. I loved it, but it scared Maddy quite a bit and Jonathan couldn't enjoy it very much when he was worried about her. The ride played scary music while showing scary fire-like images. She was very brave though.
We had a yummy dinner at French Quarter in New Orleans with a live jazz band and delicious mint juleps and corn bread.

After a long afternoon Evan fell asleep in the stroller for a couple hours with his new Toy Story minature toys. He attracted many smiles and laughs from passer-by's with one lady commenting that "There's no tired like Disneyland-tired". Too true, too true.


After a long afternoon Evan fell asleep in the stroller for a couple hours with his new Toy Story minature toys. He attracted many smiles and laughs from passer-by's with one lady commenting that "There's no tired like Disneyland-tired". Too true, too true.

After dinner it was off to the finding nemo submarine ride. During our wait Luke was getting restless and tired so Jonathan went to put him to sleep in the stroller while the kids and I waited for the ride. After about 45 minutes of waiting, we made it up to the very front of the line when Maddy and Evan started yelling that they needed to go pee...NOW. I told them they could hold it and ride the ride, or we could get out of line and go to the bathroom but that we wouldn't be able to get back on the ride. They decided to hold it.
We waited another 10 minutes to board the submarine and every few minutes the kids would scream out in pain. (This is when I should have been a good mommy and taken them to the bathroom). We finally made it onto the ride and took a seat at the end of the aisle - Maddy at the end, me, then Evan. The water outside of the submarine windows did not help the situation.
We waited another few minutes for the ride to start and they were both screaming every now and then. Then the ride started and Evan was mesmorized. I didn't hear another peep out of him the rest of the ride. I thought we were going to be okay until I heard Maddy. She screamed, cried and peed all over herself and the floor. She was so embarrassed. I felt terrible but was glad I was the only one sitting by her and that we were in the dark.
After the ride we waited another few minutes to get off and at this point Evan really needed to go. I told the workers about the accident and then Evan and I rushed off to the bathroom. Luckily, we were sitting by a nice man on the ride who showed us the way to the nearest bathroom. And Evan made it! After all of that I really need to go too. It was not my proudest moment of motherhood.
We learned a very important lesson that day: It is not worth riding a ride if you feel like you're going to pee your pants, and always go to the bathroom before riding Finding Nemo.
After that it was time to go back to the hotel. Overall, it was another magical day.
2 comments:
Love it! I guess Evan woke up in at 3:00a.m. the morning we left. Kayla went in (I never heard him, of course!) and he told her he needed to talk to his Daddy. She asked him what he needed to tell him. "I need to tell him that we need to go back to Disneyland!" Cute.
Oh it is so funny how those moments happen with kids. You never plan for everything, but you learn real fast in the little disasters that happen. It sounds like such a fun place for everyone. We'll have to take our kids one day--I never went and I know Neal would be in heaven around all those characters.
I love the Evan asleep pictures--and I'm glad he got some nap time amidst all the fun. :)
Post a Comment