Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Evan

Photobucket

A little interview with my 3 1/2-year-old:

What is your favorite thing to eat?
Grapes, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, fruit snacks, kix...I like all the foods in my belly.
(And he loves mini meats (wheats) for breakfast.)

What is your favorite color?
Blue, pink, black, and...purple! And orange.

Photobucket

What is your favorite thing to do?
Ride a bike...ride a scooter, ride a roller-not a rollercoaster! That's scary! And the buzz ride.

What is your favorite thing to watch on TV?
Jake and the Neverland Pirates! YoHO!
And Spiderman 2, with Doc Ock.

Photobucket

Who's your favorite superhero?
Spiderman! Cuz he's a hero.

What's your favorite thing to do at preschool?
When the bugs came in and we ran away from them and they ran away from us.
And we had to go super fast!
(I think Mrs. Brooksby brought in some bugs for Insect Day,
but not sure what exactly happened that day.)

Photobucket

What is your favorite thing to do with Maddy?
Play house!

What is your favorite thing to do with Luke?
Snuggle in the Jayhawk blankey. And Lukey runs away from me and I try to get him and he gets away from me.

What do you want to do when you're all grown up?
I want to be spiderman and drive a firetruck!

Photobucket

Evan is such a kind-hearted boy. He is so helpful to me during the day and does what I ask without much complaint. He is always concerned and asking if I feel okay and making sure his brother isn't getting into mischief.

Evan has a smile that warms my heart and is such a protective little soul. We enjoy his enthusiasm for life and positive attitude, and appreciate his desire to do what is right.

A few weeks ago I had the chance to visit Evan during preschool for Mommy and Me day. It was so fun for me to see how big Evan is getting and how smart and attentive he can be. He was in charge of Flag that morning. He went right over to the corner, grabbed the stool, stood on top and told everyone to "Please arise for the flag." He then began the Pledge of Allegiance which he knows by heart. The whole time he recited it he waved that little flag so proudly.
He kept looking over at me for my approval.

I'll never forget that moment. What a brave boy. What a smart boy. What a beautiful boy. I realized he is his own little person now and yet he is still my son and I am his mother! I get to watch him do all of these new things and help him grow into the person I know he can be.
How incredibly lucky I am!

I am so thankful for my Evan. I am proud of the little man he is becoming
and for his beautiful, determined heart.

1 comment:

janell said...

Oh, I love this boy! And his belly...