Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter Sunday

Easter is one of my very favorite holidays. I love celebrating Heavenly Father's beautiful creations when the flowers and plants bloom, the weather gets warmer, and the sounds and smells of Spring are in full-force. But my very favorite thing about Easter is the symbolism behind all of these events...life.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my Savior...for His mission here on earth, for His atoning sacrifice for each one of us, for His example.I look at these sweet beautiful faces that I am so blessed to be surrounded by each day and give thanks to my Heavenly Father and His Son that I can be with them forever. That after this life, we will all live again, our bodies will be perfect and reunited with our spirits, and we will have the knowledge we have gained from this earth life. I am so thankful for the Hope and Peace our Savior gives us.
He overcame everything and He lives! and is always there for us.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
My babies and my dear husband
Photobucket
Madelyn, age 6, Evan, age 3, and Luke, 18 months
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Trying to make Mr. Evan smile. 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Helping Grammy in the kitchen. Evan insisted on wearing the sunflower apron.
Grammy made such a delicious dinner! I have missed Easter dinner at home.
Photobucket
Evan and Grandpa J. with their suit coats. Don't they look so dapper??
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Evan and his new-found buddy Josh. Josh is my aunt Barbara's son and the kids gravitated to him very quickly! He is one awesome kid and Evan really enjoyed his company.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Another mini egg hunt
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Madelyn and Evan with my aunts, Barbara and Debbie. It is always so good to see them!!!
Photobucket

We also enjoyed dinner at Jonathan's parents later that evening. We loved being around our extended family and are so grateful for each one of them. 
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Diane Jensen said...

What great Easter fun. Memories are the best!!