Monday, May 21, 2012

My Day of Bliss

A look at Mother's Day...

I woke up to a beautifully wrapped box full of notes, drawings, and cards from my sweet kids. Maddy had even made a homemade trail mix for me that was very tasty. I LOVE all of the thought and effort that the kids put into everything they made.

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Then I walked into a spotless kitchen and Jonathan had made cinnamon french toast with a delicious homemade syrup, strawberries and whipped cream.  

On the table were 3 beautiful roses from my 3 sons and a gorgeous plant of violets from my darling daughter.

Photobucket

Jonathan got the kids ready for church while insisting that I take my time getting ready. This was definitely bliss and somehow I felt so much calmer walking into my meetings that day.

It was blissful watching Madelyn and Evan holding hands as they went up to sing "Mother I Love You" during sacrament meeting, and seeing their big huge smiles, knowing that they were making me the happiest lady ever.

It was beautiful teaching the young women that day about their own divine roles as daughters of God, and listening to the perspectives of some very special ladies in our ward.

Photobucket

It was blissful talking to my own dear mother and having a chance to rest that afternoon. 

For dinner, Jonathan made me one of my favorite dishes--salmon with pineapple-corn salsa, risotto and delicious rolls, and frozen hot chocolate for dessert. It was so yummy. What a guy. Seriously.

Photobucket

It was blissful not having to clean up after dinner and spending time together watching our trip to the beach and Disneyland. What a fun, sweet family. And what a day. I know that I am one blessed lady. 

Photobucket

THANK YOU, dear family of mine! xoxo

No comments: