A Few Things About Madelyn, Evan, and Luke's Daddy:
According to Evan:
"My Dad is 30 years old. His hair is grey and his eyes are green and black. My Dad likes to wear ties. He loves to eat fruit. He is smart because he knows how to go to work and do stuff. My Dad works hard at work and basketball. Daddy always tells me how to do stuff. It makes my Dad happy when he goes to basketball. If he could go on a trip, he would go to the beach and he would take food. I really love it when my Dad goes on a walk with me. If I could give my Daddy anything it would be a hug. My favorite thing about my Dad is he gives me hugs."
According to Madelyn:
"My Dad is 31 years old. His hair is brown and his eyes are blue. My Dad likes to wear shorts and a green shirt. He loves to eat pizza. He is smart because he knows 100 + 100. My Dad works hard at work. Daddy always tells me to always read. It makes my Dad happy when I do something silly. If he could go on a trip, he would go to Kansas and he would take me to Disneyland. I really love it when my Dad makes me laugh. If I could give my Daddy anything it would be money. My favorite thing about my Dad is he plays with me!"
I am so thankful for Jonathan and the father he is to our children. I see in their eyes each day the hero he is to them and how much they love him. He is a man of God who upholds his priesthood and guides our family with great care.
I am so thankful for my own Dad and the many things he did and does for me and my family and for all that he taught me by his example. He is a generous, faithful, hard-working, selfless, funny, caring person.
The other day I read this beautiful story about one of our prophets, President Benson, when he was an apostle and it really touched me about how important our Dads are and how they need our love and support too.
“I was seated with the six children of Elder Ezra Taft Benson, one of whom was my college roommate. My interest heightened when President McKay arose and announced the next speaker. I watched respectfully as Elder Benson, whom I had not yet met, walked toward the microphone. He was a big man, well over six feet tall. He was a man with a Ph.D., a man internationally known as the United States Secretary of Agriculture and a special witness of the Lord, a man who seemed serene and sure, one who had addressed audiences throughout the world. Suddenly a hand touched my arm. A little girl leaned toward me and whispered urgently, ‘Pray for Dad.’
“Somewhat startled, I thought, ‘This message is being passed down the row, and I am to pass it on. Shall I say, “Pray for Elder Benson”? Shall I say, “You’re supposed to say a prayer for your father”?’ Sensing the immediate need to act, I leaned over and whispered simply, ‘Pray for Dad.’
“I watched that whisper move along the row to where Sister Benson sat, her head already bowed.
“Many times since that day I have remembered that message—Pray for Dad, the patriarch of the home. Pray for him as he serves as district president or home teacher. Pray for him when he becomes executive secretary of a civic group, when his business flourishes, or when he takes a cut in salary. Pray as he gives counsel in family home evening. Pray for Dad who works long hours so that Jerold can go on a mission and Diane can go to college. Pray for him as he speaks in sacrament meeting or gives Mother a blessing that she might be made well again. Pray as he baptizes William or gives a tiny, newborn baby a name and a father’s blessing. And in the evening, should he come home tired or discouraged, pray for him. Pray for Dad in all that he might do—the small things and the great."
These wonderful men seem so strong and able on the outside, but this reminded me that they need our love and support too. They need our Heavenly Father's help each day. They have big jobs to fill, and feel a lot of pressure as they step out into the world to provide and care for their family, and our prayers for him matter. I hope our family can always pray for Dad and remember that the little gestures of love can do so much to uplift, sustain, and let him know of our great trust in him.
I love you Dad! I love you Jonathan!
xo










1 comment:
Beautiful words--beautiful family!
Post a Comment