Monday, April 29, 2013

Life Lately

 photo IMG_5336.jpg  photo IMG_5322.jpg  photo 20130319_133107.jpg  photo IMG_20130319_131745_063.jpg  photo IMG_5350_2.jpg  photo IMG_5355-2.jpg  photo 20130404_082900.jpg  photo 20130404_083027.jpg  photo IMG_20130415_144842.jpg  photo 20130405_150430.jpg  photo IMG_20130406_110523.jpg  photo IMG_20130407_101627.jpg  photo IMG_20130406_185102.jpg  photo 20130407_154735.jpg  photo 20130412_210836.jpg  photo IMG_20130329_141841.jpg  photo 20130413_235004.jpg  photo 20130414_160509.jpg  photo IMG_20130325_112924.jpg  photo 20130309_131819.jpg  photo IMG_20130417_114319.jpg  photo IMG_20130413_102149.jpg  photo 20130428_124951.jpg  photo 20130223_095649.jpg  photo IMG_20130322_150259.jpg  photo IMG_20130326_090848.jpg  photo IMG_20130326_090805.jpg  photo IMG_20130410_212253.jpg  photo IMG_20130418_145408.jpg  photo 906968_501188643279395_651473298_o.jpeg  photo IMG_20130423_181308.jpg


Oh boy! We have been busy. I'm not quite sure if I can remember all that's been going on, but I don't want to forget some of the tender, fun, crazy moments we've had the last couple months. It is a wonderfully full time for our family. I have felt stretched and pulled a lot this past year and for that I am grateful. I am grateful because it makes me focus in on what's really important and truly savor and enjoy this time in my life with these amazing people I call my family.

So, in a nutshell, LIFE LATELY:

:: I bought those 3 orange ties back when I was pregnant with Henry, and a few Sundays ago all of my boys got to wear one. I can't believe sometimes I have 3 little boys! They look so handsome! ::  My parents came to visit the end of March for a few days and we had fun just hanging out and celebrating Misha's birthday. ::  My sweet girly of mine is such an independent spirit. On most mornings she has been making her own lunches and doing her own hair and getting ready for school all on her own. She knows my mornings can be a little crazy now and she is always trying to do whatever she can to help. So thankful for her. :: Her teacher recognizes her willingness to help as well and for that she received the Dragon Award a couple weeks ago. Daddy and Evan got to attend the breakfast and ceremony with her. :: Evan and I usually have the afternoons just us. He likes to help me get ready and pick out what to wear, and we like to have mommy preschool then too. He recently went to kindergarten orientation and is so excited to start in the fall. :: We loved slowing down and watching General Conference the first weekend in April. Before Daddy went to the priesthood session we enjoyed some yummy waffles from the waffle love truck and on Sunday had Misha and Aaron over for the last session and dinner. :: We love our daddy or mommy dates and daddy and Evan got to see the Croods recently for their date night out. :: Lukey has been extra snuggly lately. I can't get enough. He likes it when I lay down with him while he falls asleep. So far he is our only child who has needed us to do that. I love watching him drift into dreamland. :: Henry has started eating fruits and veggies, and now sits up! He also rolls all over the place, even in his crib. It has been great for him to have his own room now. :: Evan as the teenage mutant ninja turtle, Donatello. He is all boy and likes everything legos, star wars, ninja turtles, power rangers, and is especially obsessed with Mario Galaxy right now. :: Luke's favorite foods: crackers and sugar. :: Madelyn had another recital at the end of February. She is progressing so much and really has a natural talent for playing the piano. She sight-reads very well and has easily started playing hands together and now, sharps! :: She was the rockstar of the week in March and Evan and I got to go and listen as she confidently told her class about her special things and answered their questions. :: We've been preparing for Madelyn's upcoming baptism in June. We have been focusing on the first principles and ordinances of the gospel during family home evening. We have planted our own seeds and are watching them grow,  just as we plant our own seeds of faith in Jesus Christ. Madelyn has taught some lessons too, and reiterated our family theme for the year. :: Mommy has been working hard on sewing her dress and has enjoyed having an excuse to sew again. :: Evan has made us proud with all of his hard work lately. He earned his yellow stripe in tae kwon do! The instructors love his intensity and determination to earn his stripes. They always comment on how smart he is and how "this one has big ideas" Yep, that's our Evan. He has also started playing t-ball. Jonathan and I used to dream about him in his cute little uniform playing just like his Daddy, and now it's here. He looks so darn cute out there, running hard and throwing the ball so well. He really loves the game, and we all really love watching him. ::  

No comments: