This year we took the fam up to Park City for a little birthday fun for Jonathan. We stayed in a townhome by a bunch of shops and close to a nature reserve with beautiful views. It was awesome to watch and listen to the kids' reactions when we got to the town home. There's something about staying somewhere other than home! Even though it was much smaller than our home, the kids thought it was the coolest place. Luke got this high-pitched voice and started repeating everything we said with an ooh and aah. "Ooh, a fridge! Oh a little sink!" It was super cute. The kids especially loved the big bunk beds they got to sleep in.
The first night we settled in and the kids, eventually went to bed. The next day we went to the park, a pizzeria, and then swimming in the hot tub on our patio. The views were amazing from that little patio and so refreshing. That evening we went bowling at a pretty fancy bowling alley. There was a flat screen the size of 10 alleys and we had our very own waiter who brought drinks and snacks.
The next day we went to brunch and the kids went with daddy to the swimming pool. Aunt Misha and Uncle Aaron came and Jonathan and I went out to dinner for his birthday. We ate at Riverhorse and I got a very expensive meal for free after they "overcooked" my meat a bit. I was fine with it, but the waitress insisted that I get another filet, and I'm glad I did because it was delicious! I love dining out with my sweetie and being able to talk about all kinds of things in depth. It was truly a beautiful night.
We ended the trip with swimming and brunch. As we were packing up I just felt a renewed love for this beautiful family of mine and the memories we get to make together. It was a perfect weekend and just what we needed to recharge our batteries.
And I loved celebrating our dear Jonathan. We love him so much!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment